As a mathematician specialising in applied nonlinear dynamical systems, with a broad knowledge of the mathematical sciences, and with extensive scientific computing skills, I welcome the opportunity to work with businesses and agencies to solve practical problems and to conduct joint research projects. Please contact me at email@example.com to explore possibilities.
Areas of particular expertise
- Applied dynamical systems and chaos
- Systems modelling including applications of mathematics in the energy industry
- Modelling of financial time series
- Applied mathematical modelling in the physical, life and engineering sciences
- E-Learning of mathematics, with a particular focus on e-assessment
I have over 30 years experience of computer programming for administrative, research and teaching purposes using the UNIX/LINUX, Windows and MacOS operating systems. I have worked in Fortran, Maple, Mathematica, R, C, C++, Visual Basic, Perl, Python, (X)HTML, XML, LATEX, as well as numerical (NAG), database, spreadsheet and general word-processing software.